You Can Breastfeed When Returning to Work
These helpful tips will make your transition a bit smoother
(page 2 of 2)
Return to Work Breastfeeding Class
• Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital. $30. By appointment only. Call 516-6645.
Breastfeeding Basics Class
• Baptist Women’s Hospital. Prenatal breastfeeding class includes information on pumping and back-to-work education. Offered one Saturday a month. $30. Call 226-5764.
The Big Latch On Memphis 2013
• Pump It UP Bartlett. Saturday, August 3, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. If you’re a nursing mom, come join us as babies latch on in an attempt to break the world’s breastfeeding record during this national event. Breastfeeding awareness info, fun activities, and giveaways. Free. For details, go to biglatchonmemphis.com
Breastfeeding Update 2013: Challenges that Compromise Breastfeeding Success
• Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Research Tower Auditorium. Wednesday, August 7, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week with a one-day conference. Topics include Making More Milk and Breastfeeding After Cosmetic Surgery. Register at malca4memphis.org or call 287-5559.
• Women’s and Children’s Pavilion Classroom 2 at Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital. Friday, August 9, at 1 p.m. In recognition of World Breastfeeding Week, new and expecting moms learn how to incorporate breastfeeding into daily life. Bring your baby. Free. Registration required. Visit methodisthealth.org or call 516-6645.