Organization Is Essential for Academic Success
(page 1 of 3)
Being organized is the number one skill that will lead to your children’s academic success in school. You will need to start early to develop organizational skills in your children. A big part of this lies in establishing routines.
What your children do to get themselves ready for school each day and to handle assignments should increase at each level until they are doing everything without any parental reminders.
Here is our list of organizational skills children need to acquire when they first start school:
• Bringing home their school bag daily
• Showing parents the contents of their bag
• Putting everything being returned to school in their school bag before going to bed (or at a specific time)
• Keeping the school bag in the same spot every day
• Selecting clothes to be worn the next day with their parents before bedtime